So I'm not much of a roleplayer but lately i have had what I think is an amazing idea that would combine the game itself, some aspects of a hardcore game mode, roleplay, and a style of adventure campaign.
the idea basically is to level toons from base as sort of a fellowship with lots of rules implemented. the reason for this ultimately is that there's so many quests out there to do. I think using in game things to grow a character would be great if you don't believe so that's fine to each his own. so here are some base rules I thought of, aND can be negotiable with interested parties.
1. Everything will be done in character and everything completed will count as things your character has completed, even the shitty quests.
2. No Heirlooms whatsoever, also no experience boosts and bonus objectives will be avoided as much as possible.
3. Dungeons will be done but only once(farming a dungeon does not make any sense.) and only if we have a quest to go there or if we decide it's in our best interest. Also there will be no queuing for dungeons we will walk to every dungeon we decide to do. This also pertains to rares... farming named mobs would not make sense. if you kill a named mob or clear a dungeon it shouldn't just respawn. (may be amended at max level)
4. If you die you are dead, you may be revived through player abilities only or through engineering ability if we have an engineer. I know people don't like the whole losing all the work on a character so this could be amended to just being dead until the next session we play. This is so that people take what we are doing a little more seriously and don't just try to muscle through with no consequences if you die.
5.No starter mounts. Having a guy chaffeur u around makes no sense. This is meant to be a slow and enjoyable leveling process.
6. Gear will be found through questing, professions, or bought from an auction house when we make it to a major city. Dungeon gear we will only have one shot at getting. Dungeon gear should be looked at as important/magic items that are rare. for example like a named sword, adventurers shouldn't have the same named sword. (we will try to avoid this as much as possible).
7. You may only play the auction house with money on your current toon. And only when we visit the major cities (which won't be very often). No mailing yourself gold or anything else from your mains, this includes bags. and no playing the auction house with your main toon for your campaign toon.
8. rested experience will also be limited to times we find a rest area. Adventurers don't sleep in inns every night why should we. We will camp where ever our time limit takes us (day we play and duration subject to those who are interested. Expect a guild meeting for this soon.)
9.We will be required to eat and drink. Not sure how we will be measuring this. I am thinking of possibly a point based system depending on the food. But every campaign toon will be required to carry provisions. You might want to level your cooking and fishing as we go, so that we can hunt. If you go a session without eating and drinking depending on the point based system you may starve to death. This is still expiremental and the system used will be announced at the meeting if people are interested. Hunting/ gathering is the only time outside of play sessions you may play your toon. You are limited to 5 nodes/herbs 5 reel casts and 5 food based mobs you can kill every two days that is not a play session so if we play once a week that's at max 15 nodes/herbs 15 fishing attempts and 15 food based mobs a week. Double gatherer proffesions are not allowed to keep group Experience relatively the same. As for tailors they are allowed 25 kills a week of mobs that drop cloth. Skinners are allowed 20 additional kills on top of the 15 food based mobs they get. Gathering must be done in the zone we are currently in.
10.The only time other then hunting/gathering you will be allowed to play this toon is during a session, we're developing as a group. We may split up for different quests during a session and regroup after but that's during a session. Hunting and gatherING must be roleplayed out in the camp forum if you will be doing it. This is to keep track of what everyone is up to.
11. the group decides what quest to embark on, where we are journeying to. we will have a forum specifically for us to decide where we will be journeying to, from where we last left off. This is to mitigate too much standstill time while playing. This forum will be considered in character, it will be thought of as our conversations while camping.
12.Flying mounts and flight paths will be severely limited. Flying mounts take away from the traveling and camping feel of an adventure and are way too convenient . Flight paths will be used when we decide to journey to major cities (won't be very often, must be a good enough reason). flying mounts for sure won't be used until we reach Burning Crusade content at the very least and will probaby end up having a time limit or per session use limit.
13. Ground mounts will have unlimited use only when we reach the level to use them. because questing will give our mounts the breaks they would normally need. However please try to stay in the generic not too flashy mount range unless there is a reason your character has that mount.
14. Pre-adventure back story for your character is up to you. keep in mind we will all be level 1s or 2s depending how far your character has to travel to get to wherever we decide to start. If you choose worgen that's up to you but you won't be able to join up with us right away. That being said please don't make yourself out to be some hero of a war, we should start somewhere around regular soldier power level wise obviously this changes for class your not all soldiers, some will be druids and so on. Old races like nelves and dwarves try to keep yourself in range if posssible. Overall story of why we start adventuring together will be pretty plain but hopefully develop well. Starting story will be decided as a group.
15. Hero Classes(DK and DH) will be allowed if you put in the work. DK will be allowed a lateral character change at 55. This means that anyone can make a DK but basically you were changed into it at that level(we will discuss what lore or reason we will use for this as a group.). DH will be more selective in that if you wish to be a DH you will need to have played your character with us up until you have become a DH at the level DHs start ( Just like DK we will discuss how to do it when we get that far.) You must be a Night Elf or a Blood Elf if we decide to go horde.
16. New characters. Will be allowed to join us at the average group level or if the content we are working on is able to be completed by your character. We will discuss as a group how we meet up. If you try to show up with a decked out rich character you'll be asked to be brought down to group average gold level and be asked to throw some of your gear away to be on par with everyone else.
17. Since parties are only 5 we will be making everything fair based on player base. So if we have 6 it will be two groups of 3, If we have 8 two groups of 4 and so on for numbers above 5. if we have 12 we will divide up into 3 of 4 or 4 of 3 depending. we will address party size based on task. 10 of us could definitely be doing a quest in two seperate groups of 5. we will use a chat channel and voice to communicate.
18. Player based issues will be resolved through the players themselves whether they choose role based combat or an actual duel or just simple working out of the issue. Tanks and healers may be subject to some form of penalty if an actual duel is chosen.
19.Transmog. You all love it, it's allowed but bare in mind that at start we prolly won't have gear that looks like it's out of nighthold. Transmog appropriate to the level of adventurers we currently are.
20. The spec you choose is the one you play. Don't worry about leveling efficentcy, leveling won't be very fast with Rp included anyways. You will be allowed to change specs at a penalty of one to two play sessions. This penalty will be used as you training in the new spec.
This is not supposed to be quick. This will take alot of work from all bodies involved. But it's suppose to be an enjoyable story we write together and give a sense of accomplishment for the things we create and relationships we develop. Last thing to say is think about what each class brings to the table. Play what class you want to play as well as spec. If we wind up with 5 tanks or no tanks that's fine well make it work. But remember if we die we die atleast for that session hope someone has a rez :). Same goes with professions. Think about the group. Post on here if this sounds interesting to you. If there's enough interest we will make it a reality. All rules subject to negotitian by interested parties. Rules can be added and removed as well based on discussion
Argent Dawn A 161k H 89k Blackwater Raiders A 122k H 88k Cenarion Circle A 135k H 96k Earthen Ring A 88k H 101k Farstriders A 186k H 120k Feathermoon A 174k A 101k Kirin Tor A 161k H 107k Scarlet Crusade A 174k H 101k Sentinels A 161k H 107k Shadow Council A 122k H 88k Silver Hand A 186k H 120k Sisters of Elune A 135k H 96k Steamwheedle Cartel A 161k H 107k The Scryers A 161k H 89k Thorium Brotherhood A 186k H 120k
I like this blue but can we consider purple :^)